Thursday, June 18, 2009

Melissa Auf Der Maur @ Yonge & Dundas Square Toronto

Melissa Auf Der Maur has been absent from the live scene since March at SXSW in Austin TX, it's fitting that her first show since then is at NXNE here in Toronto. A free show at Yonge & Dundas Square, excellent!

She played two new songs off the sometime to be released OutOfOurMinds along with some rockers from her debut self titled LP. I rocked out in my typical fashion, right up front. Melissa rocks my socks.

North by Northeast is a great time for music in the city of Toronto, Queen Street bars packed full of music fans drinking through extended hours(YEAH!). I haven't gotten a wristband since I worked at Sam's (we would get them free, and this year they run 50$). I picked up a one day wristband for tomorrow so I can catch Melissa's short film at NFB and her show at the ElMocombo. I haven't been to the Elmo since it reopened, years ago.



Melissa is so fucking sexy!



I took this video but the audio is pretty blown out in parts. Andrew was there and got the whole show so a good version does exist, its just not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment