Friday, June 19, 2009

Auf Der Maur @ NFB and ELMocombo for NXNE

I went to NFB to see the short film component of Melissa Auf Der Maur's multimedia project. I met Andrew outside and we chatted about shows till Melissa showed up. Before Melissa's project we watched a Sigur Ros film called "With a Buzz in Our Ears We Play Endlessly", which was really cool. Melissa's OOOM was excellent, it looked fucking sick, it really has to be enjoyed on a bigger screen with some sound. Afterward she stuck around to answer questions, she seemed bitter with her former label Capitol Records, and them not knowing what to do with her multimedia juggernaut.

Melissa rocked a packed house at the ElMo. I got up nice and close and rocked right the fuck out once again. My feet are in serious pain. Andrew recorded the show and gave me a copy of his boot of last years MADM show in Montreal.
I couldn't bare to stick around for unusually late last call, my feets be killing and I'm wrecked from walking around all day and last night's late-night phone catch up with D.
save

No comments:

Post a Comment