Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Weezer, Title/Date! Smashing Pumpkins new 19 year old Drummer!

Cool things always happen in the summer. Sometimes I get to see it just cause I'm here in San Francisco, but it also means I miss anything cool going on in Toronto while I'm gone.

Weezer has a new single out at the end of the month. Click here to listen to "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To". It' sounds cool. Weezer's tour with Blink-182 begins in Toronto in a few weeks, and Rivers will be playing soccer in a charity game the day before the show. I wasn't too upset about missing the show, but now with the soccer game and the fact they will debut new music I kinda wish I could be in Toronto. I was less than impressed with the last Weezer effort, the self-titled red album. Geffin's Weezer seemed to be suplying high fructose pop music to tween consumers. I wish they could make a record all us fans can be proud of. Hopefully the new record delivers. Weezer's seventh studio album will be known as Raditude. Out 10/27, Produced by Jacknife Lee and Butch Walker.

Billy Corgan confirmed what we already knew, The Smashing Pumpkins new drummer is 19 year old Mike Byrne. He will join Corgan on the next Pumpkins album/tour and also at some upcoming solo shows Billy is doing in southern California.

I am looking forward to hearing Billy's new SP. It waill not be the same without Jimmy, but I am willing to give it a chance (and the kid must be a pretty good drummer).

These solo shows are so intimate, imagine 75 people in a coffee shop! Being in California presently you would think I would be trying to get tickets, but the nearest show is 4 hours away!
Normaly I would over extend myself and make an attempt to go, however all my time and recources are focused on Burning Man, so no distractions. Sorry Billy, next time in Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment