Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Spirit/The Day The Earth Stood Still -Double Feature!!!

So I don't really believe in downloading movies from the internet. I have issues about watching crap bootlegs of movies meant to be seen on the big screen.

But yet I have no qualms about sneaking into a movie after just having seen something else. It's the only way I can get the theatrical experience I so crave. With so many movies to see this year I will probably be sneaking into a few more theatres to save 13.50$.

Tonight I used my points to see The Spirit and afterwords I walked into The Day The Earth Stood Still.

The Spirit, written and directed by Frank Miller, based on the comic book created by Will Eisner in the 1940's. It follows in the graphic novel adaptive style developed by Robert Rodriguez for Miller's Sin City. Miller's storyboards are directly translated to the screen, giving us moving comic book panels. This is modern film noir at it's best. The dialog is classically cheesy at times but it totally worked. Eva Mendes is so fucking sexy in this movie it is unbelievable.

The Day The Earth Stood Still is a remake of the 1951 classic(Which I have never seen).
Whoa! Keanu is Klaatu! This movie was ok, not worth paying to see(glad I didn't). The only good part was Jennifer Connelly, who has had my heart since Career Opportunities and of course Fast Times so I was glad to see her(still nowhere near the sexiness of Eva Mendes, don't believe me?, check her out but it's not safe for work).


Uncensored Eva Mendes Calvin Klein Commercial - Click here for the most popular videos

No comments:

Post a Comment