Friday, March 27, 2009

Stormalongs Deported

The Stormalongs, out of concern for the structural integrity of the city of Toronto, brought their gear to the Island to record some tracks. I woke up early to help move the gear from the docks to the ferry and then to Dale Morningstar's Gas Station Recording Camp on Toronto Island.

The Studio is really cool. Dale is a great guy and the set up was a piece of cake. We had a beer and blazed (my first time since Sunday, a new record!). had a Stormalong sandwich break and then the guys started the session.

It was really moving to be able to see my friends, who have rocked me for so many years, in the studio recording. It's going to tape, and will sound awesome. I really can't wait to hear it. I hope they put it on Itunes so people can spend some money on their music (it's going to be worth it!).

I had to take the ferry back to the city to meet up with Jagger. Jags came to town looking for a wii fit, which I thought would be an easy task. We walked to Future Shop, and then up Yonge St, to no avail. I can't believe it came out in June and places are still sold out. Eventually I used my head and called Toys R us and success! We went to Duffrin Mall and picked it up. Yog's lady is going to be happy he's not comming home empty handed. Great to see Jagger again.

This was a fantastic way to spend my last day in Toronto, with some of my best friends. Tomorrow I'm going to Mom's place for G-mo's birhtday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment