Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sticker Saturday

My old Macbook
I don't understand why someone would want to have the same exact thing as everyone else, that is why I will never own an iphone, or a Canada Goose jacket. High end cookie cutter consumerism.Don't get me wrong, I like nice expensive things, and my new mac is certainly that, but I can't see myself sitting in a coffee shop with something that hasn't been personalized, after all, I will be it's only owner.

So I will cover my new mac with stickers, like I did my last one.

The first piece I'm adding to the back of my mac is this cool Cream Soda sticker. My friend Matt picked it up for me while we walked around Harajuku. A sticker from Matt to be a reminder of good times and that I get by with a little help from my friends.

I went for a skate today. it was 3 degrees Celsius so the ice was melty and I knew I'd end up on my ass. I filmed it with my nintendo 3DS, and I totally did fall on my ass right at the end. I spent the afternoon fucking around with the footage in an attempt to make it interesting. You can see the video below.

Paul had a great idea for me to move my turntable out to the living room. I have a ton of great vinyl, he  has some good stuff too, from our dads collection. I havent used my record player in a while, but it fits perfect out here. I know it's gonna get a ton of use out here. On the downside it makes me want to buy vinyl. Right now I'm listening to the Smashing Pumpkins, witout a doubt my favourite band, but as I moved my records onto the shelf a glaring gap became apparent. The Pumpkins have reissued previously hard to find records like Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness and never before on vinyl The Aeroplane Flies High (5LP), but the issue was and still is it's exorbitant cost.

I am so grateful to my friend Shawna for hooking me up with my job, and I'm sad she lost her buddy Rambo. I joined her and her boyfriend Bill to have a beer and celebrate the life of Rambo. I used to pay to develop photos, I was crazy about polaroid, now we have instant photos on our phones so I had to get a snapshot of the three of us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment