Saturday, January 09, 2010

Youth in Revolt

I know its still just the beginning of January, but Youth in Revolt will prove to be one of the funniest movies of the year. It's a big weekend for movies I missed at Tiff. If I had seen this back in September it would have made my 2009 list for sure.

HP and I went to check it out after Hollywood's birthday breakfast. His Bday was on the 6th but he is so busy working on the PreThingy he had no time to party.

H-wood dropped us off at the AMC, he could not come with cause he committed to seeing it with someone else later in the week.

Michael Cera plays lovably awkward virgin Nick Twisp, he also plays Francois Dillinger, his suave but trouble-making alter ego. Francois exists only to commit the acts Nick could never do himself in order to be with the girl he loves. Cera is going to be huge this year, with Scott Pilgrim coming in August, and he deserves it cause he is fucking excellent. All the supporting cast is great, especially Ray Liota, and Zach Galifianakis.

I loved this movie so much, I'm going to put it in my top ten of the year, already! Now it could get crowded out later but I doubt it. Go see Youth In Revolt and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment