Monday, January 04, 2010

Cnib Metropass

I volunteered at the CNIB today. I helped distribute the new 2010 TTC Metropass to clients. Blind people can't drive and have a hard time getting around, so it's nice that the TTC gives blind people a metropass through the CNIB. Being blind myself, I can tell you the pass helps out a lot. I feel like I have to help out, just to give a little back. My job was to record the name and pass number and give people their new card. So many people show up on the very first day, I think a lot of people don't know the old pass is still accepted through January. It was crazy busy all morning and I worked straight through. I'm going in again tomorrow to help out again.


Timmins News
Image hosted by Icon Access - Image Hosting

Shania Twain carried the Olympic torch in Timmins on New Years Eve. It would have been nice to be asked. I'm not the most famous dude from Timmins, but to not even be asked. Humbled.

1 comment:

  1. It's all politics, man - you're more awesome than Shania ever will be.

    Are you going to send me your address so I can send you postcards? Sending me something while I'm in Japan is optional.

    ReplyDelete