Friday, December 04, 2009

A Christmas Carol & a "personal injury at track level"

I went to Yonge/Eglington to meet Granny Mo, we missed each other the day before, one of us was late. So this time we had all the bugs worked out, except the movie wasn't playing at Silvercity anymore. I suggested we go to the AMC downtown, so we hopped on the TTC. On the way south, the train announced a "personal injury at track level at Dundas", and our train would stop at Bloor and head north. We got off at Bloor and I managed to navigate us through the throng of diverted passengers. We made it to the street corner and caught the first shuttle bus down.

Lots of police at Yonge/Dundas, and they were putting someone in an ambulance. I have tried to find some more information, but the TTC cloak of secrecy has been dropped over the whole situation. I found this at the National Post. It's shameful that we are kept in the dark, but the TTC doesn't want to talk about suicide. LET'S PRETEND NOTHING HAPPENED!

Besides all that crap, Granny and I had a great time at the movie.

Disney's A Christmas Carol is the classic holiday story told with the most modern computer animation available. Robert Zemeckis, director of my all time favourite Back to the Future 2 continues on his quest to push mo-cap and 3d forward, and it looks so much better than Polar Express (the people look a lot less wooden this time arround). Jim Carrey is fun, but nowhere near the top of his game. Go see it if you need some Christmas spirit.

We went back up to Eglington to meet Andy for dinner. The trains were running again. We had a nice meal at The Pickle Barrel, but it couldn't hold a candle to last Friday's dinner. We went to Genghis Khan's Mongolian Grill. That place was fantastic. I had so much fun, I'm still smiling about it. I can't wait to go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment