Friday, December 18, 2009

Avatar IMAX 3D

Ian and I saw Avatar in IMAX 3D at the midnight showing. We got there 2 hours early, but they had already let people into the theatre. We got good enough seats that got better as people gave up seats they were holding and we closed in towards the middle.


I was really excited and a little nervous, I have been let down by big hype movies in the past. The shitty  Star Wars prequels case in point. But where George Lucas failed, James Cameron succeeds! Avatar delivers on all the hype of Episode One with none of that Jar Jar aftertaste. The movie was awesome, it looks incredible. Everything is rendered so beautifully, it seriously reminded me of Burning Man, a strange glowing planet, naked blue people, spiritual connections.

From what Ian said the 3D was cool. I wish I could see depth but I can't. I really hate having to wear the glasses and not get any of the effect. The Douche in front of Ian sat forward the whole 2 hours and 55 minutes which slightly ruined the effect for him.

You have to go see this on the Imax in 3d, your TV at home can't match it. Now I'm going to sleep cause I have a huge day/weekend and it's 4am and I need some sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it got your thumbs up, we're really looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete