Tuesday, December 22, 2009

best movies of the year

I go to the movies a lot. over sixty times this year. So I have a good idea of what is worth seeing. Here is my list of the best movies out in 2009. Some are still showing and you should check them out while you can. In no order they are:



George Clooney in Jason Reitman's excellent man in transit film.


George Clooney's voice this time, in Wes Anderson's fantastic stop motion film.


Glasses on.


Up (4 Disc Combo Pack with Digital Copy and DVD) [Blu-ray]
First ten minutes brought me to tears.

Pontypool
Fucking Creepy. Not on Bluray, still worth owning.

Inglourious Basterds (2-Disc Special Edition) [Blu-ray]
Blah, blah, blah.

Moon [Blu-ray]
Sam Rockwell is sci-fi paranoid awesomeness, Jagger you should buy this on Bluray.

Observe and Report [Blu-ray]
Best mall-cop movie of the year (Yes, I saw Paul Blart and know what I'm talking about).
Drag Me to Hell (Unrated Director's Cut) [Blu-ray]
Suck face with a Gypsy Demon.

Star Trek (Three-Disc +Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]
It's hot, who can deny it?

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Jagger should buy Moon on Blu-ray! I was dying to see it when it was in theatres, but we missed it! Maybe it will show up under the tree for me!

    ReplyDelete