Monday, November 16, 2009

New Super Mario Brothers Wii

A lot can change in 20 years, some things never do. I submit as evidence, this photo of Paul and I at Mom's house playing New Super Mario Brothers Wii. It was taken yesterday, but easily could have been taken in 1989 playing Super Mario Bros. on NES.

Super Mario was one of the biggest icons of the 80's, and unlike Michael Jackson, he was never accused of improprieties with a child (although he may have been responsible for a few flashing-light-induced epileptic fits). My two brothers and I freaked out when we got a Nintendo for Christmas from Dad (Chloe's reaction could be described as "utter disappointment"). We played all the time, with everyone from the neighborhood. A vast network of players traded games in order to avoid boredom. We would play until Mom booted us outside, and if our NES had the capability to display that days playtime like the current Wii system, Mom would have kicked us out a lot sooner.

New Super Mario Brothers Wii is really fun. Paul and I played with Auntie Chrissy, 3 player co-op at the same time (With one more controller Mom could have helped out too). It was cool, because you could help or hinder your fellow player. We played all night only taking a break to watch the new episode of The Simpsons. We didn't get too far, the multiplayer aspect mostly hindered our progress(PAUL!). It's harder that any other Mario game but you can continue as many times as you need, so it's still a good time. Now I'm getting into playing it solo and it's freaking excellent, I have to stop cause my thumb is sore. If you have a Wii you need this game.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/17/2009

    looks cool bro, ill have to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This game is becoming bad for our marriage...we played for a solid 3 hours last night and there was much cursing and yelling - "Get off my head! You totally just killed me! Why would you do that?!" The two player is definitely a challenge, but super fun. We've opened up to world 6 so far, we'll see how much farther we get tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11/17/2009

    wow. Luc and I now have a new purpose in life. See you later main stream society...

    Sarah.I.x.

    ReplyDelete