Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Back to the Future 2

Twenty years ago today Back to the Future II was released theatrically.

I remember my dad brought me to Cinema 6 to see it for my birthday. Unfortunately my birthday is in January, and Marty and Doc Brown were long gone from it's first run. I was seven and too young to see Ski School(Boobies!), so we rented The Burbs and Harry and the Hendersons, went back to dad's house and watched em.

I was so excited to see BTTF2 and was seriously let down when I couldn't. Then I totally forgot about it. That's what happens when your a kid, the most important stuff in your life disappears from existence if it's not right in front of you.

Then suddenly, it's my first Communion, and were celebrating at our house. All my family is there and I'm getting cards with cash in em. I remember getting lots of cash. Then Auntie Chris handed me a VHS tape rented from the QuickMart. It was Back To The Future II, and I was holding it in my hands. I had dreamed about watching this movie, and now I was going to get my chance. I still had to entertain the guests for a bit, but once they left Mom said I could go downstairs and watch it.

I finally got to see it, I must have watched it 10 times before it got returned to the Quickmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment