Sunday, November 19, 2017

Justice League

There is no Justice.

Otherwise I could see Batman and Superman team up and it wouldn't suck.

I grew up loving Superman. He was my hero. When I was a kid and we first got a VHS player one of our first tapes was Superman 3. I went to the movies with my dad to see Superman 4, it's a terrible movie but I remember my dad being into it. Now I contemplate that he was faking it because I loved Supes so much. If I had a kid would I have had to pretend I enjoyed Justice League? I don't and I didn't.

This movie's Batman is a shitty detective. He can't figure stuff out even with copious notes and digital files. He gives up on finding Cyborg (who glows red and was hiding in his father's well windowed apartment) and asks Wonder Woman to try to find him. She uses the Batcomputer. 

This movie feels like many elements forced together from multiple creative voices. Which it was. 

It's not all bad, there are a few choice moments, but they can all be seen from the comfort of your living room in a few months. The score is good, Danny Elfman is on his game.

I'm disappointed that my low expectations were met.


No comments:

Post a Comment