Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Imaginarium of Dortor Parnasus & Up In The Air

My last two Tiff screenings for 2009:

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnasus is the new film by Terry Gilliam (Monty Python, Fear & Loathing). You probably heard about it in the news, as Heath Ledger died before filming was completed. It is a fantastic fantasy film, with amazing performances and spellbinding visuals. Go see this trippy movie.



Up In The Air was fantastic. Jason Reitman (Juno) is so talented. George Clooney is a guy who spends his life in transit, and I totally relate, I love to fly.

Today was the last day of the Toronto International Film Festival, and I am so fortunate to have been able to experience al the excellent films and Q&A sessions. I hope to be in Japan next year, so this was the last time for a while. I am very excited for the future of Tiff, and its new home Bell Lightbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment