Thursday, August 07, 2008

Nintendo Thumb

First I have to say how cool all my friends are here in California. San and his fiance Linsey have been letting me crash on their sofa(Canadians read:Couch). Linsey is really fun and I'm happy for San. They have set a date for October 31st but I'm not supposed to show up to the wedding as Batman. My best friend since forever Mike W(dubs) lives right down the hall, or just across the patio if you want to shave 20 seconds off a 30 second trip. I've got a huge blister on my thumb from playing Soul Calibur 4 on PS3 with Mike yesterday. Darth Vader vs Darth Vader. We both hadn't played before so it was the only real chance I had at beating him. I was mashing the buttons and it seemed to be a good stratigy but now I must pay the price("See what you get" said Mike).

Just down Mission St. about 20 minutes walking from San & Mikes place live Matt & Kubi, and Bill. Under their appartment in the retail space is where we are building stuff for Burning Man.

We made lots of progress last night on the build for Burning Man. The vibrating stripper pole base was sanded and painted. Jas put floodlights on the car. Kubi built the power supply box. Matt made props to hold the picket fence up. We are almost done with the camp prep, and then we will move on to costumes and personal prep stuff.
The Vibrating Stripper Pole gets painted

We ate a delicious Potato Garlic Pesto pizza. I went around the corner to the bodega and picked up a 6 pack of Anchor Steam. Matt and I had some beers, hit the Volcano and I took the bus back to San's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment