Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Strombo's Secret Movie (Young Adult)

Young Adult Lil Tuffy Poster


I went to Strombo's "secret" movie at the Tiff Bell Lightbox. I had guessed it was Young Adult, I was right (Strombo tweeted me with a denial, then a wink).

The lineup was huge.

The guy in front of me was dressed like Dr. Who, different guy but I have seen it before. It's not Hallowe'en dude. I feel I have to point out that a grown man is playing dress up going to see a movie called Young Adult. I don't get it, I like Super Mario, but if I wore white gloves, a red shirt, overalls and a tool belt you would think I was fucking insane.

Cosplay Dr Who Manchild
We ended up in the second screening, which started about a half hour after cinema 2 filled up. Some people got turned away, but they should have showed up earlier.

The movie was great. I wrote a review here.

Jason Reitman and Diablo introduced the movie and came out for a Q&A after the screening.

On the way out of the theatre the Tiff staff handed out limited edition poster prints from Lil Tuffy, an artist out of San Francisco.

I waited around afterwards . I talked to George Strombolopolous. He really made this an event for the people. He rocks.

I missed Jason Reitman, but I saw Diablo Cody and she autographed my copy of Juno and my Lil Tuffy poster. I will post a picture once I get it back from the frame shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment