Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Peaches - I Feel Cream

The new Peaches record I Feel Cream came out Tuesday. I bought the Itunes bonus track version(2 extra tracks and 6 bucks cheaper). I don't mind saving the 6$ and I hate for my money to go to HMV.

Peaches is from Toronto but based in Berlin, her sound is called electroclash(electronic/rock/rap/punk). If you have not heard of her before, check out Peaches Myspace.

This is peaches fourth record, and she gets back to her electro roots(her last record was way more rock). This is the most professional sounding Peaches has ever been, and the least filthy. Peaches can get quite vulgar, but she seems to have moved past dirty song titles(or ran out of them). Talk To Me is a good track, Billionaire is more hip hop, and the title track I Feel Cream blew my mind. I Feel Cream is probably the most accessible track she has ever made, it's a bumping club track that only becomes apparent as a Peaches song when she starts to rap. I love Peaches and I'm really happy with this record. I can't wait to see her live again in a week and a half with Deidra.

No comments:

Post a Comment