Monday, April 14, 2008

2008 Big Box Office Summer!

Lots of reasons to go to the movies this summer. Here are the movies I am excited to see and why I want to see them.

April 18
Forgetting Sarah Marshall

It looks funny

April 25

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo
I loved the first one, a classic stoner comedy. Directed by Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg the original screenwriters, this movie promises to deliver plenty of NPH.

May 2
Iron Man
Robert Downey Jr. rocks Chaplin style!

May 9

Speed Racer
Kar-Fu! The first movie the
Wachowski siblings have directed since the Matrix Trilogy.

May 22
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
140 minutes! No nazis, plenty of snakes.

June 13
Incredible Hulk
Hulk smashes up Toronto uhh, no, it's New York(Not!).

June 20
The Love Guru
I already know for a fact that this is the funniest Mike Myers movie ever. His new character Guru Pitka saves the Leafs from another year without the cup.

June 27
Wall-E

I have a tradition of bending my mind with hallucinogenic drugs for Pixar films, but I'm gonna check this one out straight.

July 2
Hancock
Will Smith is total popcorn, he must be consumed at the movies!

July 4
Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
A documentary about my hero and the greatest writer of the 20th century.

July 11
Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

Guillermo del Toro is awesome.

July 18
Dark Knight


July 25

Untitled X-Files Motion Picture
"Scully, the sexual tension is palpable" "What are you talking about Mulder?"
August 1
Choke

Loved the book

August 8

Pineapple Express
Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are FUCKING GENIUSES, and have probably written the greatest stoner/action film of all time!
Click here to see the red band trailer!

August 15
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Is it possible this animated movie will be better than the prequel trilogy? Give me the death of Jar Jar Binks!

Did I miss something you are looking forward to? September brings the Toronto International Film Festival, and I can't wait to see what amazing films we will get this year at the peoples festival.What a great year to eat popcorn and see movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment