Friday, September 05, 2008

Passchendaele

Written and directed by star Paul Gross (the Mountie from Due South), Passchendaele is a Canadian WWI epic(ish). Most of the movie is a love story set in Alberta, the climax taking place at the titular battle in Europe. Gross did a good job, I love the idea of a Canadian period piece. There is some Jesus imagery which the only purpose seemed to stoak Gross's ego.

I can't continue without mentioning a story I heard from Miss Gail Greer. While she was working at a restaurant a few years ago, the cast from the tv movie H2O came to celebrate. At one point everyone was looking for Paul Gross but he could not be found. Then Gail found him giving some girl the time in a bathroom stall. The man has class. This is of course second hand, but if you ask Gail I'm sure she can elaborate.

"Who is your favorite New Kid? Call me Donnie"

No comments:

Post a Comment