Monday, September 10, 2012

Start Here.

How the hell am I supposed to describe my current state. Tired. thats one but it's much more than that. I left Burning Man a week ago and I'm still blinking, trying to decipher the reality from the electric parade. 

Decompression

The most San Franciscan of concepts but its real. The party doesn't stop in your mind. It spins. Depending on the Burners experience in Black Rock City it can take some time to adjust to the reality. People are wearing clothes, and  normal ones at that. The drinks cost money. The food sometimes doesn't taste delicious. There is 500% less bacon in the default world compared to Burning Man.

When a bartender gives you a drink in the default world it is inappropriate to then hug that bartender.  

Getting back to the reality of things takes a bit.

I go to the Film Festival, it helps me decompress. I volunteer. It's something I'm good at. I manage other volunteers as a Volunteer Captain. I keep really busy and it's so fast paced my mind is always focused on the task at hand.

I met Tom Green. I'm a big fan of his movie Freddy Got Fingered. I told him about the celery generals incident*, he seemed intrigued and proud that people were suspended from school. Very cool.

I'm going in to "work" today and i can't wait. I'm going to try and pick up some movie tickets too. I have already seen a few and promise to post about them soon. My dad gave me shit for not blogging.

*more on that soon.

1 comment:

  1. Good having you back
    p.s. I always hug bartenders

    ReplyDelete