Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Not everyone is cresting on a mercury surfboard

Worked my last Captain shift for the festival. From now on I will be a Captain Liaison, going from venue to venue and bringing back details of Volunteer operations to the department. It's a sweet gig and you get to meet a lot of festival volunteers.

I got some sad news from an old friend about something. I can't write about it here cause it's none of my business, but i can tell you no one died, so it has to be that other thing that makes grown-ups sad.

I have been on cloud nine since the burn, with the film festival and Mikey visiting... It was a hard snap back to the reality that not everyone is rocking out like myself.

Mike and V's awesome Festival Tower condo

Went to see Mike and V while they are in town on vacation. They are renting an amazing condo in the Festival Tower. It's the craziest place to live durring the film festival. You can see all the red carpet arrivals down the street from the balcony. The view is amazing, and it's great to see my best friend since I was four years old reaping the rewards of his success.  
 
I woke up early this morning. My friend Ian is coming to town on business and we are supposed to be grabbing breakfast. He works in Hollywood for one of the modern masters of cinema. Sometimes it seems all my friends become successful and move to California.

Ian is a busy guy, and he's 2hrs late, breakfast is looking more like brunch.

I'm too late now to rush the Wachowski Siblings new movie Cloud Atlas. I was looking forward to that. I will try for a different P&i(Press and Industry) screening this afternoon. Press and Industry screenings can be attended by volunteers with a voucher on a rush basis.



No comments:

Post a Comment