Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Still in Timmins for the last day of 2008

Today we had the church service for Pepere Gerry. Marc and Auntie Chrissy and I carried the casket along with Uncle Marce and his nephews. It was a truly beautiful service. I did a reading from St Paul to the Thessalonians:

But we would not have you ignorant, brethren, concerning those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep.
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command,
with the archangel's call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Afterwords, during the eulogy, I went up to say some unprepared stuff. My heart was screaming, and it was hard. But I collected myself and got through it.

Pepere would have loved to see all of his friends and family in church.

I just wanted to express to everyone how much Pepere Gerry helped my family, and how he helped raise my brother Marc.

I guess I got my ideas across, because everyone thanked me for my words after. I'm glad I was able to speak for my mother and express my family's gratitude for this great man's love.

My Pepere Gerry loved Jesus Christ with all his heart. No doubt he is where he wanted to be now.

We celebrated his life at his home, and then over at the Sullivan's house. It was great to see my family and reminice.

I'm heading home to Toronto tomorrow. I ran out of pot today, wasn't planning on staying so long, and didn't know I would have to smoke Paul. I'm getting a ride with Mike W. My brother Paul is supposed to go with us, but he is being such a dick I just want him to fuck off. He has been acting like a baby with poo in his diaper. Treating my mom like shit, with all she is going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment