Thursday, December 04, 2008

Stephen Harper is afraid

Twas a few weeks after the election and all through the House,
Not an MP was stirring
to do anything about the economy, especially not Stephen Harper who was on an early Christmas Vacation.

Today the "Prime Minister" Stephen Harper, went to Canada's head of state
Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaƫlle Jean, Representing Her Majesty Elisabeth the Second, Queen of Canada. He asked her to prorogue Parliament to avoid facing a vote of non confidence. She agreed and now Parliment is suspended until January 26th.

No one wants to lose their job right before Christmas.

I can relate. One time when I was in grade 3, my mom was away, my Uncle Ben and Aunt Laura Lee were taking care of us. Someone at school talked some trash about my mom, I told him to fuck off and got in shit for it. I was supposed to have detention the next day but, I faked sick. I used to have migraine headaches so I faked one of those. It sucked cause Ben needed Laura Lee at work that day but she stayed home to watch over me. Of course when I got to school I still had to face the music, and I had to apologize to so many people, I felt like shit.

But I was ten years old, and wasn't the Prime Minister of Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment