Monday, November 03, 2008

Smashing Pumpkins Massey Hall 2008/10/03

Smashing Pumpkins Massey Hall, Toronto Ontario 2008/10/03

Best. Show. Ever. I have seen a few Pumpkins shows and this was by far the best. The performance was stellar, all the screams were top notch. Billy came out looking like a golden god with this crazy headdress. It was fun, then he rocked a white zero shirt. So cool. Speed Kills was fucking great. They teased some Tom Sawyer in Heavy Metal Machine, Ginger sang a little bit (Deidra, you were right about the Rush cover, I guess I owe you a coke). Glass was fucking savage! Set the Controls was well done, I had never seen them cover Floyd, it was awesome. A little to trippy for some tastes. They played Eye somewhere in there, but it's not on the list.

At the end Billy thanked everyone, except the dude who was screaming "Cherub Rock" at him all night. He addressed the issue about bitchy douche bags not getting to hear the set they wanted, and Cherub Rock will be tomorrow night.

I love this band and enjoy every song they play. Last week I was lucky enough to see them at Bridge School, and they played two new songs. Tonight I got to see them do a bunch of my favourite songs, Eye, Siva, GLOW, and especially Glass' Theme.

People have to relax about the set lists, be happy if you get to RAWK! Can't wait till tomorrow night!

1 comment: