Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Santos/McGarry '06

I haven't been blogging because I have been watching the West Wing like it's a full time job. It was on for 7 seasons and I'm just starting the 7th now. I wanted to watch it back in the day but avoided it, cause I didn't want to jump in mid season. You know how it is, miss an episode here or there and then you have no clue what's going on. So I skipped it entirely in the hopes of seeing it one day.

The cast is awesome, Martin Sheen as the Prez with M.S., Rob Lowe is freaking great, but has disappeared after running for Congress. So many cameo players come in and out of the show, it's so funny. There is a deaf woman named Joey on the show and she has a dude who speaks for her, and it's funny cause when I hear him in a scene I am picturing her, cause I'm so invested in the charecters. I really enjoy this show. In the first season the President briefly hessitates hireing a black kid to be his bodyman because of the message it may send, seeing a black man opening the door for him. But then he hires him anyway. Kind of dated now that Barack Obama is President Elect.

In Pumpkins related news:
Here is a Smashing Pumpkins radio interview from DC. Billy and Jimmy discuss the new Dvd and tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment