Monday, October 27, 2008

The Last Breakfast Croissant

Smashing Pumpkins Bridge School Benefit, Mountain View California 2008/10/26

After the party on Saturday I wasn't expecting anyone to come out with me to see the Pumpkins on Sunday. The Bridge School is a school for kids with disabilities and Neil Young has a concert every year to benefit them. With the Pumpkins playing and me being in town, of course I had to go, but if no one wanted to go with me I would have to take BART to CalTrain and then a cab to Shoreline. Matt was still in for going, even tho he had spun a set the night before that had raised the roof off Mikes party. We got there just in time. The Smashing Pumpkins were just starting their set. It was acoustic, with horns and strings added to the band to fill out the songs(these extra musicians will also be with the band for the 20th aniversary shows next week). Sunkissed was on the American Gothic EP but has never been played live before, 99 floors has not appeared since it's debut at the Fillmore residency(save once in Stockholm). Owata and A Song For a Son have never been heard before. Billy introduced Josh Groban who sang Disarm, then the band left the stage.

99 Floors
Owata(new song!)

Sunkissed
Rose March
A Song For a Son(New Song! sounded great)

Disarm(With Josh Groban singing, he seemed to get lost at one point)

Shame Alert in the interest of full disclosure, we didn't stay for Neil Young, the atmosphere was a no go for smoking doobies(of which we had 5 rolled). Tons of small children with mommies and daddies. Plus we would have had to sit through Josh Groban and Jack Johnson, which would have sucked.

We grabbed In 'n Out and headed home.
I passed out on Matt's couch after me and he and Kubi burned our leftover doobs, and ate our double double animal styles.

I went to Sweet Chinito's on the way back to Mikes house. I scored the last croissant and had them load it with ham egg and swiss. Tasty way to start my day. Happy to be with friends in San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment